Monday, October 1, 2012

Fill-Your-Cup-Friday-Falling for Fall


        Fall or autumn, whichever name you choose, has always been my favorite time of year. I love the crisp air, colorful leaves, and beginning of the holiday season. I look forward to pumpkin patches, apple cider, cornstalks, football, roasting marshmallows and hayrides. I enjoy decorating my home with the colors of fall and I love looking on Pinterest for ideas to help me. Below are a few of my own creations, some inspired by Pinterest, but with my own twist. I hope it inspires you or at least helps to get you in the harvest time mood.

So this is my table centerpiece. I already had the red, footed stand (via Southern Living) and the candles. I’ve found that the best decoration is using items you already have. I knew I wanted to do a candle centerpiece and what better way to make this a fall display than to add pinecones and hickory nuts. Most of you have these in your backyard-so it’s free! Just spray a little colorful paint onto the pinecones and ta-da! A beautifully, simply centerpiece for your table. If you don’t have a stand like mine, try it with a cake stand…
 
          It really doesn’t take lots of money to decorate your home tastefully, just a little imagination, determination and a lot of help from Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment