Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday-Love


I’ve seen social media sites flooded with pictures of candy and flowers from significant others today. I’ve seen bloggers writing about the “love of their life.” Many proposals will take place and wedding vows will be exchanged today as well. All in the name of love, but I wonder how many of those couples realize what love really is. True love is found in John 15:13.



In the spirit of Valentine's day, here are some conversational heart sayings with corresponding verses:

Be Mine-John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

All Mine-John 10:27-30
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.”

Forever Yours-Jeremiah 31:3
“The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”

Love Me-Luke 10:27
“And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.”

I’m Sure-John 14:1-3
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

Sweet Talk-Psalm 119:103
“How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”

Be Good-John 14:15
“If ye love me, keep my commandments.”