Monday, December 30, 2013

Mention-Worthy Monday (Link Ed.)

Bible.is - A great resource that will help busy moms (and everyone else) achieve their goals of reading through the Bible in this upcoming year. Adding in my disclaimer here: I cannot speak for the spiritual soundness of everything pertaining to this app/website (i.e. I have noticed videos and versions of the Bible known to contain error). I recommend this based on my own use of the KJV read-aloud Bible.

Monthly Reading Plan - You will not go wrong with any post from this website. Chris Clevenger is an incredibly talented writer, but it is something he makes no secret of working hard toward. In striving to be a better Bible student, he has decided to read through the New Testament each month in the upcoming year. I love this idea. I have tried the "Read through the Bible in 1 Year" plan and I tend to lose momentum. A month-by-month plan is much more up my alley! But wait, it gets better...he has included a free printable to help accomplish this goal!

TLN in 2014 - It's hard to believe that The Light Network has been around for almost a year now. If you haven't visited this site yet, you need to. TLN is a group of podcasts made available by a great group of Christian brothers & sisters. They do not take this work lightly and they have very exciting things planned for this coming year. Add this great work to your prayer list and go check it out. You will be hooked.

The 38 Most Haunting Abandoned Places on Earth - I just find this fascinating. I think you will too.

15 Things We Learned from Anne - I am a firm believer that every year should start with Anne.