Friday, February 21, 2014

Family Friendly Friday (Movie Ed.)

-->
                  Growing up I always looked forward to Friday nights. Friday nights usually meant going to pick up a pizza (with cheesy bread of course) and renting a movie. Sometimes it meant staying with my grandparents who introduced me to their collection of the true classics. But what made this tradition really special was not the movies or the pizzas, or even the cheesy bread, it was the fact that my parents and grandparents took the time to sit there with me and watch the movies. They could have done a million other things and now that I have entered motherhood, I understand the millions of things they were no doubt thinking about on their to-do lists, yet there they sat. I am so thankful to have those memories to look back on, to have that example to follow and to have knowledge of family-friendly movies that I can share with others. That is what Fridays are all about on the blog right now. Sharing family-friendly movies for you to start/carry on this same tradition with your family and friends. Some of these movies you may have. Some you might have to look for on Netflix, Amazon instantvideo or your public library. Some might be available on YouTube. I leave that part to you. 

 Sun Valley Serenade



John Payne and Sonja Henie are responsible for my desire to visit Sun Valley. I love it and I’ve never even been there. If you decide to add this one to your list, I feel certain you will completely understand…


 The Glenn Miller Story



If you weren’t paying attention in the afore mentioned classic, Glenn Miller was the talented bandleader. Glenn Miller has a story of his own you should see. James Stewart plays Miller along with June Allyson in The Glenn Miller story. This movie quickly put Stewart and Allyson among my favorite actors. It is equally responsible for my iPod playlist named moonlight serenade.