Monday, March 24, 2014

Mention Worthy Monday

Hopefully as you're reading this, you are feeling refreshed and ready to face the week ahead, but in the event that you just finished with one of those weekends where you just want a re-do, this article might help you get through your Monday.

Now that you've finished reading about Cindy Colley's bad-day-turn-around and you're ready to start fresh hop over to iTunes and check out the podcast titled Wifey Wednesday hosted by Emily Hatfield via The Light Network. The episode you're looking for is (004) "Organizing Your Life." Listen to this and then tell me you aren't ready to tackle the week ahead (at home or at work). 

As you prepare for your lunch break take a trip down memory lane and look at these 35 foods from our childhood that are now extinct. (I vote several of them be brought back...the original shaped trix, chicken fries, sprinkle spangles, lime skittles & Sprite remix just to name a few. Can I get an AMEN?!)

So that last link may have left you slightly depressed or at the very least a little melancholic. To remedy that, I have a book recommendation for you. Go ahead and download this to your E reader of choice and you can start it at bedtime tonight. Ready? Muscle and A Shovel by Michael Shank (available on Amazon kindle for only $9.99). I'm going to encourage you NOT to read all the reviews out there on this one, but instead to read the book and decide for yourself about it. I think you'll love it. I did. I've caught myself gushing about this book more than once when I share it with others so I'll stop here and spare you. Don't let the title or the cover scare you. It is a book that has to do with religion, but it is NOT a Biblical commentary or a thirteen week lesson outline. It is the (extremely relatable) personal story of a young couple who has their religious beliefs turned upside down. And IT. IS. GREAT.

By now you have probably made it through the dreaded Monday, but you might find yourself with a touch of spring fever. It might even be so bad that you just need a few days out of the office...perhaps, say next week? Allow me to suggest a road trip to attend the MSOP lectureship in Memphis, Tenneessee! Here you can find all the information you will need about it. Unfortunately I do not have any "time off available" for this upcoming event in my calendar but I am making plans to watch as it is streamed live. If you find yourself in the same boat with me, mark it on your calendar & we will watch together! (And if you can't wait until next week, MSOP provides a free podcast of the years past I'm sure you'd enjoy! Just look them up in the iTunes store.)