Monday, November 4, 2013

Mention-Worthy Monday (Link Edition)

Joy or Just Wait? - I stumbled upon this article through a Facebook friend last week. Do not think this doesn't apply to you if you do not have children; this is something everyone needs to read. Follow it up with this post from Melissa Clevenger, Please Don't Take It For Granted, & head on over to http://www.youtube.com/ to listen to the Oak Ridge Boys sing, Thank God for Kids. As the tears fill your eyes, take a moment to thank God for all the children in your life and pray that those raising them realize what a blessing they truly are.

Rediscovering Great Classic Family Films - I've only seen one from this list and I must admit I was disappointed that so few were mentioned. I would hasten to add films such as Pollyanna, Anne of Green Gables, Old Yeller, & Follow Me Boys. I would love to hear which ones you have to add! (Maybe I will do a post on this topic of my own!)

What Good Is Gratitiude? - Infographics make many things much easier for me to understand and since this month is all about giving thanks, this particular infographic is very fitting.





Holly Lane Gifts - With the holiday season rapidly approaching, now is the perfect time to order a few presents and if you prefer to give one-of-a-kind, handmade gifts, Etsy is a site well worth your time. Holly Lane Gifts in particular.

Ebates  - If you do ordering from namebrand stores, check out Ebates. It's so easy to sign up to get discounts and cash back, which will come in especially handy for holiday ordering.

The Colley House has awesome resource materials for any age group! I've given these as gifts on more than one occasion and they are always a hit!

Didn't see anything up your alley? Don't worry! Each week I will feature a gift guide with the hopes of giving my readers inspiration on what & where to get gifts for their loved ones this year. If you would like to contribute you can reach me at homegrownsoutherngirl@gmail.com.