Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tough Truth Tuesday-The Waiting Game

-->
Often our idea of God’s blessings includes material blessings, good health, happiness, and a life free from problems, but God’s idea of blessings may not fit this notion. His will for you and me may include suffering, illness, financial strain or heartbreak. God’s blessing for the Christian is anything that draws us closer to Him. When we honestly pray to God, “Not my will, but Thine be done,” and we accept whatever God’s will for our life is, we begin a process where our strength changes to strength that comes from God.


“But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.”
1Thessaloanians 2:4

“Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.”
Philippians 4:11