Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fill-Your-Cup-Friday-What You Bring To It


“Well, I didn’t get anything out of that.” This is a statement used more and more by the society we live in. It is used in reference to relationships, education, and sadly, even in religion. The world wants us to believe that our time is wasted if we are participating in activities in which we do not benefit from. With this attitude it becomes very easy for us to begin to look at the world with a callous heart. We become parents who try to toughen up our children to face a cruel and heartless world rather than parents who raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.

It's just that I went looking for my ideals outside of myself. I discovered it's not what the world holds for you, it's what you bring to it. The dreams dearest to my heart are right here.
-Anne, Anne of Green Gables