Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday-The Problems in My Shoes

-->
                  Some weeks seem to go by quickly and relatively problem-free. This has not been not of them. When I think of all the problems, worries and concerns I am carrying I am reminded of an email I received several years ago. It told a story of a young man who went to God and told Him that his cross was too heavy; he just couldn’t bear it. He asked God is he could cut part of it off so God allowed the young man to do so. The young man kept walking down life’s road but complained again that his cross was too much to bear. Once more, God allowed the man to cut off a portion of the cross he bore. Now this man was happy. His cross was so light! He could carry it so easily, but before long he came to a chasm on his journey. He was didn’t know how he would get across. Then he watched other travelers approach the chasm. They used their crosses as a bridge to cross over. The young man’s cross had been cut too short to use as a bridge. The young man realizing this knelt down and wept.



                  So today, I will not complain. I am thankful for my problem-filled week. I know that God will use these problems for His glory. I know that these problems will make me more appreciative when I do enjoy those relatively problem-free days. I will not wish my life was more like my neighbor’s because I if I walked in their shoes for a day, I might just want to pick my problems back up.




The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
-unknown