Monday, August 11, 2014

Mention Worthy Monday

 Linkable:
TLN - After a short break the light network is back and for that I am so thankful! Have you checked out the podcast called The New You? Robert Hatfield does a (short) daily podcast that will help you in your Christian walk. The Book Club by Brad McNutt is a must listen for all my fellow book appreciators. Ladies, you must, must, must spend some time with Emily Hatfield in The Royal Family and Wifey Wednesdays. Also, tell your husbands to check out Biblical Manliness by Chris Clevenger. My husband and I often spend our time in the car listening to The Church on Trial and Torrey Clark's Culture Shock. These are only a few of the many (FREE) podcasts TLN provides.What are you waiting for? Go check it out!

Christmas in...august? - You're probably thinking, "Christmas?! Wait, did I read that right?" Those were my exact thoughts a few days ago when I saw a friend post "20 Fridays until Christmas!" I don't know about you, but this struck a bit of panic in me. I didn't feel this twinge of panic because I don't like Christmas (quite the opposite actually), but "20 Fridays?!" is not long to prepare. I'm one of those people who likes to get everything done early so that I'm able to enjoy the Christmas season with my family. Early prep means money spent wisely and lower stress levels. So I took this reminder and started my preparations. Here is your reminder as well, along with a link to free printables to help get you started.

Pinable:
I have often been at a spotlight and seen those signs we're all familiar with, "Please help" but I have nothing to help with. I wasn't prepared for that moment and as I drive away I can't help feeling an opportunity to help and share the gospel has been missed. I came across the idea of keeping a bag of items in your car to hand out in such situations and I thought it was great, however there wasn't much information regarding what to put in the bags. This pin/link is by far the best blessing bag assembly I have read and decided to model.

Quoteable:
-->
"So many people want Jesus as their Savior, but not their Lord. He's either both, or He's neither."
- Cliff Goodwin 

No comments:

Post a Comment